We are hiring farm team members!
We are seeking:
1 full-time farm team leader from early-mid April – mid December
2 full-time farm staff members from early-mid May – early September to November (depending on availability)
Our small-scale organic farm offers a fun, active, outdoor job opportunity for the right hard-working, motivated, enthusiastic, individuals.
We are currently accepting resumés for the upcoming season.
Successful applicants must:
- Have dependable transportation to get to work on time (8:00 AM).
- Be able to commit to staying for the duration of their position (Apr-Dec or May-Sept)
- Be able to lift up to 35 lbs, be physically fit and work in a variety of walking, bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- Have strong attention to detail and be able to complete repetitive tasks.
- Provide their own comfortable gear to work in, and be willing to work in all weather conditions.
- Work well as a team member and independently.
No farm experience required (though would be valued). All employees will be trained for their position on the job.
Farm team member’s tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Seeding microgreens, shoots and vegetable seedlings
- Transplanting vegetable seedlings
- Trellising and pruning tomatoes and cucumbers in the greenhouse
- Hoeing and hand weeding
- Hand harvesting vegetables
- Washing and packaging vegetables
- Preparing for market, packing orders
- Some market sales and deliveries
Pay for the farm team leader is $16.00/ hour. New farm staff members are paid $15.00/hour. Pay increase is based on performance, seniority, and how much responsibility a team member handles.
If you would like to be considered for hire please send an email with a resumé attached to Tamara:
Tamara will contact you to confirm that she received your email and resumé.
At that point you may be invited to an on-farm tour and interview. If you are currently away from the area and unable to return during the interview period, phone interviews are possible.